Disclaimer

My values: Compassion - Truth - Freedom - Justice - Diversity - Creativity

There are a lot of NON Mainstream views & theories in this blog.
don't endorse all opinions in the stuff i post. Especially those related or presented by the pro or anti religion groups! I need to know what they think & pick up any useful facts. I don't take their interpretation of the facts too seriously. I do my own interpretation, I hope you do too! STAY OPEN

Monday, October 25, 2010

Penny's insight into Koko's personhood


kokoflix | August 03, 2009

This is an excerpt from the introduction to the Meet Koko introduction video. It introduces Project Koko, and features Dr. Penny Patterson, its principle investigator, describing an important insight she gained very shortly after beginning to work with Koko on the first ever interspecies communication study involving gorillas.

Lesson: The success of project Koko is in large part due to the development of a close, loving and respectful bond with a member of another species, because of that species' extraordinary similarity with our own.

Date Added: Jan 25, 2008
Videographer: Ron Cohn

No comments: